Saturday, 15 January 2011

Front Cover photos

For the photo shoot I styled the model with props/ make up that you would see at a music festival.
- Flower head band
- Glitter
- Face jems
- Bronzer to create a tan as it would be summer in there photos
- A tribal dress that looks rustic which is a popular festival look.
- A rain coat in the background to look like a tent
- A denim jacket to show the temperature not cold and not to hot as festivals can be chilly in the evening
- A balloon was used in some photos, to add
more colour and a bit of fun!

I have selected my 3 favourite photos that I took for the front cover.


- This was my favourite photo out of the ones where I used a rain coat coat in the background as a makeshift tent. I think this makes the photo look more believable that its at a festival.
- The composition of this photograph goes well with one of the layouts I did for the cover.
- if this photograph is used the title would have to be behind her face so that it doesn't hide her.
- I feel the balloon brightens the photo making the artist look fun and playful, which is how the magazine are trying make the readers view her.
- The model is looking into the camera, this is sticking to usual conventions of magazine cover photos.
- If this photo Is used much editing would be needed








- Again the model is looking in the camera, this reaches out to potential readers grabbing their eye.
this photo was taken from a higher angel looking down on the model.
- By having the models face centred it allows for a the magazine name to stretch across the top, it also has a natural layout for where the articles can go as there's room on left and right side of her.
- The this photo was taken with a dark background, which I went over on photo shop to make the model stand out, the black background has conatations of a night sky, if used for the cover a festival at night could be edited in.








- The layout for this photograph would be in an L shape on the left hand side
- This image isn't as colourful as the others as you can see the
- Although I aimed to take mid shots i like this close up as the model has a really nice expression on her face.
- This photography wouldn't need much editing
- A photo of a inside of a tent or crowd could be edited in as this photo is very dark and not very festiv.




No comments:

Post a Comment