Saturday, 15 January 2011

Contents page photos.

One of my main 4 photographs is for the contents page and will be for the ‘Steal a Stars Style’ fashion article I decided to include this article as many said they enjoy looking at fashion especially the famous. The star I in this months issue is called ‘Fifi Zappa a soul singer which has collaborated with Plan B, Tinchy Styder as well as Cheryl Cole making her well known.

To take the photographs for this I took a friend to the park to pose as the made up ‘Fifi Zappa. The clothes that were decided on are different and quite individual. I took some of the photos in black and white as I thought it would make them look sophisticated and others in colour. There are my favourites:


























This photo 4 is one of my favourite as I think it would really good down the side of a contents page.

However, as the photo shot was for a fashion article I will use photo 3 as its in colour which is important as it shows of the clothing better. This photo graph also has one of the best angles to show off the clothing.








I edited the photograph before putting it onto my contents page. Firstly I brightened and lowered the contrast so that it wasn't so dark, enabling more detail to be seen.

I then changed the levels and hue saturation bring out the reds and browns in the photo. This gave the model more colour in the face as she looked pale before. it also made the model and the clothes stand out more from the back ground.

In addition I needed a photograph of the ‘artist’ for the reviews. I chose to use a male model to represent a DJ. I decided to use a male as I feel I have to much female representation.

The setting for this photograph was on a balcony at night with a back ground of lights London; however, the lights didn’t show much in the photos so I took them away and used the night sky as a plain black background which I liked as I could use a high resolution and contrast to make the model stand out.

This photo didn’t need much editing I firstly took the railings away from the left hand side of the photo. I then brighten the photo; this washed it out so I increased the contrast and changed the hue saturation. This made the photo more defined so that you could see his hairline.

I also tried a photograph with two male models in. I preferred this photo as I thought it was quite mescaline, which would help appeal to males. As it is being said that they work together I wanted to show I bond so positioned them with their arms over each other in a friendly manner.

- Step one I increased the levels of brightness while keeping the contrast the same.

- By changing the levels I brought out more purple on model 1s shirt as well as their hairlines so that they don’t bland into the background.

- I then cropped the photo so that the eye was drawn to both the models rather then the centre of the photo where there is only one model.

- Now I wanted to take away spots and blemishing, I did this by selecting the healing brush tool and Alt clicked on an area that had no blemishes and a similar tone. I did this for the spots on their faces as well as a stain on the purple shirt.

I didn’t remove all the imperfection because I didn’t want the photo to look fake and airbrushed.


After crop, before blemish removal >

finished


No comments:

Post a Comment